For many people, using an Apple watch is not just about style and aesthetics. The watch can give you vital data that help you monitor your health from day today. So, you might wear the watch to work, school, the gym, and even while playing sports, giving it many opportunities to break. So, do you need a screen protector?
The Ion-X glass and sapphire-crystal glass used to make the Apple Watch screens have excellent scratch-resistant properties; however, they are not immune to scratches. If you use your Apple Watch daily and if you use it for exercise, you should get a good screen protector to be safe.
There are many different ways to protect your apple watch, and I will give you three of the best methods. Much of this article will discuss the durability of an Apple Watch Screen, and as a bonus, I want to list three of my favorite screen protectors. So, if you have a new apple watch or want to get one, keep reading.
Does The Apple Watch Scratch Easily?
The Apple Watch does not scratch easily. That said, it still does get scratched. It is easy to say that it depends on your activities, but that is slightly disingenuous. Yes, if you only use your Apple Watch at the office and for the occasional run, that isn’t going to give it many opportunities to get damaged.
However, I have found that it is just as easy to scratch your Apple Watch simply by not looking where you are walking and bumping it against too many objects. You accelerate the chances of it becoming scratched if you use it for swimming, sports activities, and the gym.
Which Apple Watches Are Scratch Resistant?
As of writing this article, the Apple Watch Series 7 provides the best protection; other than that, most models provide great layers of protection. Even the first iteration of the Apple Watch was reasonably durable.
With all of that said, two specific models stand out for me when it comes to their scratch resistance, durability, and overall toughness; these are:
- Apple watch series 7, Graphite stainless steel case
- Apple watch series 7, aluminum case
- Apple watch SE Nike
Now, most of these watches use the same type of glass, but their case adds to the durability. The entire watch, including the straps, make it more durable in terms of the apple SE Nike.
The Best Ways To Protect An Apple Watch Screen
There are various ways you can protect your Apple Watch. Sometimes these things get overlooked. I think that all three methods go hand in hand with making sure that you don’t have to constantly replace your Apple Watch every year or so. Let’s get into it:
- Getting one of our recommended screen protectors (listed below in the article) is the first step you want to take to ensure that your Apple Watch does not get scratched. Also, it makes it harder to crack the screen.
- Apple devices come with apple care, so remember to keep your packaging and receipts. If you ever have a problem, you can just go to the nearest Apple store.
- Remember, sometimes you might need to clean your watch. Always use a non-abrasive cloth when wiping the watch. Linen and microfiber are typically the best materials. I personally like this cloth from Elite Tech Gear [on Amazon].
Besides all of that, taking care of the watch means not being clumsy with it. Don’t bang your arm into a wall or the corner of a counter. You are likely to damage the watch even with the best screen protector if you do.
How Long Does An Apple Watch Last?
An Apple Watch should last anywhere between three and five years. Now, the battery will start to deteriorate after three years, but if you take good care of the watch, you might find that it has excellent resale value just after the three-year mark.
Buying An Apple Watch Screen Protector: What To Look Out For
knowing what size Apple Watch you have is essential. I understand that figuring out what size you have can also be confusing, especially for someone who doesn’t keep up with this stuff. If you are unsure about your case size, check out this Apple support page. You will find all the information you need.
Screen protectors come in different types. For example, you get one that covers the entire case of the watch, while others may only cover the screen.
Finally, the best screen protectors are made from tempered glass or thermoplastics, also known as “TPU.”
The Top 3 Apple Watch Screen Protectors
Some screen protectors are better than others, and I don’t want you to get the wrong kind. It’s not all about saving you money because screen protectors are relatively inexpensive. However, the wrong type of screen protector can impact your experience negatively.
Each of the protectors on this list offers a premium experience. So, let’s jump into it.
1. Misxi 2 Pack Hard PC Case with Tempered Glass Screen Protector
The Misxi hard case is one of the best screen protectors you can get; however, it covers the entire case of the watch, so you need to make sure that you get the right size for the right watch. The screen protector comes in two sizes. here is a compatibility list:
- 40mm version: Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 5, Apple Watch Series 6.
- 44mm version: Apple watch series 6/SE 44mm, series 5 44mm(2019) & series 4 44mm(2018).
What I like about this protector:
- It comes in a variety of professional colors to match the color of your smartwatch.
- The protector covers your entire case preventing scratches on the edges of your watch.
- Tempered glass is by far one of the best ways of protecting your screen as it is the closest material to what the screen is made of.
2. 8 Pack LK Screen Protector for Apple Watch Series 7
This product is made from liquid glass, which feels great. It is a traditional screen protector, which means it does not cover the entire case, and I understand that some people prefer that. I will add two links for the 44 to 45mm version and one for the 38 to 40mm version.
What I like about this protector:
- Simple and easy to use.
- The liquid glass feels and looks excellent.
3. Smiling 2 Pack Case Built-in Tempered Glass Screen Protector
One of my favorite things about the screen protector is that it comes in the four most common sizes; 40mm, 41mm, 44mm, and 45mm. You just have to choose which one you want. The case is one of the best when it comes to clarity, and Smiling is so confident about the protector that they offer a 12-month warranty.
What I like about this protector:
- The tempered glass is durable.
- The protector feels and looks premium.
- The precise cutouts create a great aesthetic.
- It comes in a total of four different colors to match your Apple Watch, including rose gold.
More Related Articles
Here are some more related articles that you may find interesting –